1. A female carp has up to seven males fertilising her eggs at one time
2. Spawning may occur over several days?
3. The amount of eggs a female carp produces depends on it's age, size, health and the number of times the carp has produced eggs over it's life
4. A spawning carp would not be eating unlike post spawn carp, the best choice for anglers is to look for post spawn carp, if you are not confident you are targeting post spawn carp? leave them be SIMPLE
5. It's not uncommon that some carp when they are ready to feed again after spawning is to eat their own eggs
spawning tubercles their also evident on carp as well as roach and bream